Friday 8 January 2016

Feature Friday: Obsolete World, The Artwork of Jeannie Lynn Paske

 
Where are you from?
Portland, Oregon USA.

Where do you currently practice your artwork?
In my home studio.
Are you self taught or have you completed any training?
 I am mostly self-taught, however several years ago I did attend one year at Cornish College of the Arts in Seattle, WA.
 
 How would you describe your artwork/process?
 I sketch out various ideas on scraps of paper and in notebooks. My process consists of drawing with pencil, painting with watercolor and detailing with ink, charcoal and pastel. I then add a bit of powdered pigment and fix the pieces with spray varnish.
 
 What is your biggest influence/inspiration?
 Its hard to pick just one as there are so many things. Nature is a big influence as is music. The sky is a tremendous inspiration and it is often the focul point of my work. I have always been fascinated by astronomy and the likelihood of life existing elsewhere in the universe. I am equally intrigued by death and the many possibilities awaiting us in the afterlife-whether it be something or nothing at all.
 
To see more of Jeannie's work you can follow her here: 
http://obsolete-world.blogspot.co.uk
  
 If you are interested in showcasing your work click here to find out more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment