Thursday 11 February 2016

Feature Friday: Avida Toys

Where are you from?
I live in Budapest, Hungary with my family.
Where do you currently practice your work?
I work in my studio, near my home, together with my employee. My husband also helps me a lot. In the busiest periods of the year, such as Christmas, I require temporary help.

Are you self taught or have you completed any training?
I graduated from college as a teacher of arts and mathematics but never worked as a teacher. I used to work as a computer programmer for years. Sewing was always my hobby and I’m self taught. I started making plushies for my children twenty years ago when they were babies and it became my profession only five years ago.

How do you develop your character ideas and what inspires you?
I do not make sketches. My creatures are born in my mind and then I directly make sewing patterns. Sometimes I find a fabric which inspires me to create a new item. When I want to create something new I try to find the appropriate form and material. I get lots of inspiration from my friends and customers since I opened my shop on Etsy. I always get requests to make new items and have a many more ideas than I could ever realise. I can say that my biggest inspiration is my audience.

To see more of Andrea's fun handmade animals visit Avida Toys:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/andreavida
Instagram: @andreavida1

No comments:

Post a Comment