Thursday 4 February 2016

Feature Friday: Norse Kids

Where are you from and where do you currently practice your artwork?
Spain
Where do you currently practice your artwork?
In my home studio.
Are you self taught or have you completed any training?
 I studied design but I consider myself self-taught, everything that helped me to be where I am I learned by myself.
How would you describe your artwork/process?
I like to mix digital and traditional media, I usually sketch with a pen and then do a cleanup and add colour on photoshop. For the textures I use photos I take myself and use custom brushes that imitate crayons to give my drawings a more organic feel, I love working digital but I also love how warm hand drawn art is. 

 
What is your biggest influence/inspiration?
There’s too many to name, I love modern child books that are not afraid to try new things and styles and try to include some of these ideas into my work. I’m also very fond of minimalism and modern art, I like to think of my work as a minimalist approach to traditional kid’s books art.
To view more of Norse Kids fun characters and abstract prints visit https://www.etsy.com/shop/NorseKids

No comments:

Post a Comment