Thursday 30 March 2017

Feature Friday: Sara Palacios Illustration

Where are you from and where do you currently practice your artwork?
I was born in the colourful and chaotic Mexico City. I work from home in San Francisco CA, where I live with my husband.

Are you self taught or have you completed any training?
I studied Graphic Design in Mexico and then came to San Francisco to study a bachelor's degree and a masters in 
Illustration at the Academy of Art University.
Have you ever received any artistic awards for your work?
I received a Pure Belpré Honour Award for my first book published in the US which meant a lot to me because it's
an award given to Hispanics in the US.
What has been the biggest highlight of your career so far?
I think every time I see a book that I've illustrated published it's a highlight for me — that and when I get emails from
people who tell me that they have read one of the books I've illustrated and that the book has touched them somehow.
Sara Palacios Illustration

No comments:

Post a Comment